Friday, July 28, 2006

Earning my URL

I'm hanging out with young adult peeps from church, like at a classy fair, kind of? It had the feeling of a ballpark concourse, but I don't remember being at a game. I might've had to decide between the church friends and friends from HS, cuz I remember my HS friends Scott, Nina, and Wiese being there. Charles (church friend) tells me to get him a cinnamon roll from the cooler (aka, walk-in fridge). Evidently, we're standing right by the cooler door. I walk in, and it's like a beautiful bakery or kitchen, only cold. It's all stone, with a hearth and a gorgeous granite island and granite countertops. The only light that's on is shining down on the island. As I look around I see glass cases (kinda like a grocer's freezer? even though the food wasn't frozen?). In the cases are cakes, sweet breads, and the cinnamon rolls I'm supposed to get for Charles. At one point, I walk by an oven, and there's freshly baked cookies inside. I start slicing thin pieces off various cakes and breads from the cases, and of course have to take a cookie. Suddenly I realize I've been in there awhile, and I wonder if others wonder where I am. I figure nah, they won't notice I'm gone. Except maybe Charles ... who wants his roll. I overhear him talking about how I've taken way too long and he's kind of mad. I think, huh, I didn't think Charles could get mad.

I'm in the city, walking from Ogilvie train station with Riane and Lissa. Lissa's looking for a steak sandwich place, and takes off in one direction, but I'm all no, it's this way—I know cuz I was just here. I think I end up following Lissa anyway, and we end up in a department store close to the station. I see Melissa, Jed, and Eva Davis and Sig Ostby in the store (friends from HS, their daughter, and Melissa's mom). I hug them all, because it's totally unexpected that I run into them in the city, and I haven't seen them in awhile. We catch up a little, then Sig says, these guys need to be in a wedding! (Pointing to Melissa and Jed.) I'm like um ok. Whose wedding? She's all, yours! With a hearty laugh I say, good luck with that! (Note: This felt like a kinder, weirder version of "why aren't you married yet.")

I'm in an apartment—I guess it's mine. (It's not my apt. in real life.) I have CDs stacked high on this table, along with my CD player. People are coming over so I feel the need to organize them, then I change my mind, reasoning that at least they're all stacked on a pile. I remember wanting Russ and Clay (work friends) to see my wide selection of quality CDs. Then suddenly/randomly, I'm pretty much in the movie Scream. Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox, and David Arquette are there, discussing whether or not this was Scream 4. I think I said, no, they're not making another one, to calm my fears, but they kept getting threatening/scary notes from the new killer ... so I guess I was wrong.

Then I'm at home with my family. I need to go to the bathroom, but I'm scared of being alone where the killer can get me. I ask Amy (my little sister) to go with me. We go upstairs to my old room, where apparently there's a bathroom now. (Although it wasn't so much a bathroom as it was a toilet in my bedroom, like a new piece of furniture.) Before I use it, I check behind the toilet, using an old newspaper to sweep behind it (hoping to strike first by giving the killer a papercut). Nothing. I then try behind the desk, which is by the toilet. Again, nada. One more time—behind the dresser, which is to the left of the desk. This time, I see ... someone!!! My sister and I "scream" and frantically run down the stairs, looking back to see who it is as he stands up from behind the dresser. He has a gun, and it's pointed at us. And ... it's Vince Gill. As we run downstairs, we shout, "Vince Gill with a gun! Vince Gill with a gun!" to warn everyone.

I'm in a stadium—it might be Willow—to hear my Judson psych prof, Professor Currie speak. I see a lot of other people there I know: Jen and Leigh (should need no introduction), Holly and Dan (youth leader/small group friends), and Stef and Jon (friends from college). After his speech/sermon, Prof Currie asks me to babysit his kids. I'm all, sure. Leigh's like, I want your job! I say, it's not that bigga deal. Then later on, Michael Jordan is the speaker, and asks me to babysit his kids. I'm not sure how Leigh knew this was coming ... it's like she was expecting to be jealous of my job, but got them mixed up. MJ talks about how he regrets all those years in the NBA, cuz even though he was the most amazing player ever, he didn't feel like he was a good dad during those years, and he's paying for it now. Also, after Currie's speech, Jon, Stef, and I sing one of his memory songs he taught us in class at Judson, with motions: "short-term memory has seven spaces, plus or minus two! short-term memory has seven spaces, plus or minus two! ... "

Then I'm driving Hope and Emma (youth group girls) in a van, somewhere in the mountains, or a really hilly area. They're scared we'll drive off a hill, cuz they're REALLY high and curvy, with no shoulder or gate, and it's foggy.

10 Comments:

At 8/11/2006 11:33 AM, Blogger Mark Ahn said...

i love smelody.

Also, you should take that MJ babysitting job, f'real.

 
At 8/11/2006 11:34 AM, Blogger the dreamer said...

Aw. I told the fam I might try and jet out early Saturday and come down, er up, er over to the ci-tay ... but have no idea what the weekend looks like. Meiers are not so much planners. Eaters and drinkers, yes. Planners, no.

(Speaking of planning--did you get my e-mail about the 18th? I love doing personal business over blog comments.)

 
At 8/11/2006 12:45 PM, Blogger HopefulLeigh said...

Yes, I am jealous of your high profile babysitting jobs. I've been hiding it for far too long! Also, good job rationalizing why you were not in Scream 4.

 
At 8/13/2006 6:37 PM, Blogger derfman said...

Yes, finally a dream blog! Also, there are TWO steak sandwich places in the Ogilvie food court IRL, but you knew that.

 
At 8/14/2006 8:14 PM, Blogger Riane or Allison or Priscilla said...

I like when I'm in your dreams.

[I feel like I need to turn this into something creepy ... then I realize there isn't much I need to do for that to happen.]

 
At 8/15/2006 7:17 AM, Blogger the dreamer said...

I like it when you're in my dreams, too. Much better than when I'm in your dreams, cuz I tend to be mean for some reason. And by mean, I mean ruthlessly, mercilessly, won't-stop-poking-your-knee-where-you-have-an-injury mean.

 
At 8/20/2006 7:26 PM, Blogger Riane or Allison or Priscilla said...

Hahaha. I was just thinking about that dream the other day.

I was like, "What the crap. Jill is so mean to me when my knee hurts."

 
At 8/22/2006 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, I had a dream about you Jill...and you were nice I think.
You gave me some extra reliv you had in your house.

-hope

(boo ya...you were on reliv in my dream!)

 
At 8/24/2006 7:19 AM, Blogger the dreamer said...

haha.

I'm SO glad I was nice to you, Hopey. But pretty hilarious that I had reliv in my house. Although maybe reliv represents eternal life or something. Oh wait, it actually is eternal life.

(Also, I just remembered that I once had a reliv dream--why have I not blogged it yet?)

 
At 8/25/2006 7:44 AM, Blogger the todd said...

"Vince Gill with a gun" could be one of the best dream lines ever.

And ya, you may have good dreams Jill but when you show up in others' dreams it is bad news. Being all vampirey and all...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home