Tuesday, May 15, 2007

From the Vault

Recently, when sifting through some old yahoo and CTI e-mails, I discovered some old dreams—perfectly preserved in IM form. I edited the first one, but left the others exactly how I found them.

This one's recentish:
I dreamed my Uncle Rich was in Fleetwood Mac—I think he played bass or something. I came to watch a show (in some kind of cute all-brick venue), and there was a q&a session in between sets. I wanted to appear smart, of course, and was trying to prepare myself for the trivia. Uncle Rich made a joke about some other relatives—my other aunt and uncle: "They must be speaking Bruce and Peggy language." The lead singer in Fleetwood Mac (sadly, not Stevie Nicks, just some dude) was all, "Ah!Haha!Ha!" and I was all, "Yeah, hahaha!" Apparently the band got it because they were tight with my relatives, but no one else in the audience got it. I of course got it because I'm in the family, so I felt cool that I knew Fleetwood Mac's inside joke.

Later, same dream, I was escaping from a tornado on a bus my brother was driving. (Pretty classic running-from-tornado dream scenario.)

This one is *old,* like circa 2002, I think.
JillKMeier: i was kidnapped by aliens
BeltlessMo: go go
BeltlessMo: abducted
JillKMeier: also, the ferret had baby ferrets
JillKMeier: and i wanted to kill them all
JillKMeier: it was like, i was abducted before, like another time
JillKMeier: and i was at this party with my mom and friends i guess
JillKMeier: and they came back, and somehow they'd catch you
JillKMeier: i don't know exactly how, but they'd get you to walk in their
spaceship
JillKMeier: and i remember someone saying something from a window, and I walked in, thinking it was someone who wanted to talk in another room
JillKMeier: and then i walk in and, CRAP. I did it again, i'm in the
spaceship
BeltlessMo: haha
JillKMeier: and i look over and there are three girls with duct tape over their mouths, tied up
JillKMeier: and i'm like crap i'm so MAD at myself
JillKMeier: but the aliens were like, kinda nice
JillKMeier: they're like, go and say your goodbyes and have fun for one last night
JillKMeier: and then we'll capture you
JillKMeier: and I was like ok. cuz somehow there was no way i could get out of it
JillKMeier: and I remember driving with my mom, going I"m SO stupid
JillKMeier: and she's like it's ok, it'll be over soon
BeltlessMo: haha
JillKMeier: and in another part of my dream there were little baby ferrets in this paper bag, and val and krista were looking at them in val's room
JillKMeier: and i'm like EW get rid of those
JillKMeier: and there were so many, and they were so little, almost like little bugs
JillKMeier: and then phil devol, my church's children's pastor, was there
JillKMeier: and even val was like we need to get rid of these cuz there's so many, but i don't want to hurt them
JillKMeier: and so phil is like, hey wait a minute. have we considered all the options
JillKMeier: we can chemically poison them, and then we won't have to shed blood
BeltlessMo: haha
BeltlessMo: that's riDIC
JillKMeier: i KNOW
BeltlessMo: you are so entertaining

This one's probably from around the same time, 2002, 2003? Note: this was *before* half of CTI was torn down and replaced by an Aldi.
JillKMeier: the night we gained an hour of sleep, i got like nine hours, so i kept waking up and going back to sleep. so i had this dream ... the whole thing took place in aldi
JillKMeier: all my old college friends kept appearing, so i wanted to stop and talk JillKMeier: so i did. but all the time i was shopping. but i was a little concerned cuz i didn't have a bag with me. and no cart
JillKMeier: cuz ya know, in aldis you have to pay for those. so i'm walkin around with three limes and a loaf of bread
comperegrino: three limes and a loaf of bread?
JillKMeier: anyway one of my college friends, jason bentsen, was like hey now i'm in the music business, and i promote concerts. did you know aldis has a coffee house now?
JillKMeier: i'm like wow, weird. so i went to check it out
JillKMeier: and it's rebecca st. james's brother and his band. at the aldi coffeehouse. and i'm like hm. weird. but a step up for aldi
JillKMeier: so all this time i'm still shopping. i go back and try to get more stuff
JillKMeier: and am talking to my college friends, who keep popping up
JillKMeier: then i go back to the coffeehouse, and who's playing this time?
JillKMeier: Led Zeppelin
comperegrino: in Aldi.
JillKMeier: they were all wearing red outfits. i'm like this is weird they're playing at aldi too. then i think i left

Another.
JillKMeier: i dreamed two of my youth group girls wanted to kill me
BeltlessMo: whoa
JillKMeier: cuz they were worshipping the devil and it told them it was wrong
JillKMeier: so they had knives. it was those two girls and some other random high schooler. in this classroom at school
JillKMeier: and i was all scared, but Clay came in and punched the guy and called the cops to take away the girls
JillKMeier: and i was crying and he hugged me
BeltlessMo: whoa
JillKMeier: he's like wow. i'm yur subconscious hero
JillKMeier: i'm like yeah, thanks man

4 Comments:

At 6/20/2007 11:29 AM, Blogger Mark Ahn said...

jill meier, live from the archive

 
At 7/16/2007 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who were the girls Jill?
do tell

-the hopeness

 
At 7/17/2007 7:01 AM, Blogger the dreamer said...

this was awhile ago, so i don't really remember. I'm sure I remembered when I woke up, but when I told it to my friend, this is the wording I used ... and sadly, this the only record I have of this dream.

it was before your time, i do believe. :)

 
At 11/18/2007 2:03 PM, Blogger Mark Ahn said...

#3 "Flashing Lights" by Kanye, ft. Dwele (3:57)

#4 "Weird Fishes/Arpeggi" by Radiohead (5:18)

#5 "Conversations" by Snoop Dogg ft. Stevie Wonder (3:38)

#6 "Ghost of Corporate Future" by Regina Spektor (3:21)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home